Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Drumroll...Please?

WOW! I didn't realize until yesterday that I haven't updated in a couple of weeks, and I usually update every Wednesday since I attend the Drink and Draw's here in Calgary. I did not attend tonight though as I am a bit under the weather. But I have been busy drawing. I wanted to do a fan pic for Nick Johnson's and Andrew Foley's fantasmical webcomic called THE HOLIDAY MEN

Though I did one earlier later on this month I believe, I wanted to do a better one. So currently I have the characters the way I see them so I hope I did them justice. Sorry Nick if I didn't.

Here's Jack my favorite out of the team

Photobucket


Next is the whimsical Val

Photobucket

Here is Nick...(No not you Johnson)

Photobucket

...last but not least Bunny!

Photobucket


I hope you guys enjoy my take on these characters, and I apologize for the lack of posting.

Take care all.

~Johnny~

7 comments:

Daniel Andrews said...

Jack is clearly your favorite. He's got he coolest pose of the gang. Nice take on the character though.
Nice fix on Val's head band. Whiteout works pretty good eh?
Id have to say Nick or Bunny are my fave characters. Nick is like Santa mixed with Cable, and bunny is a bunny. Nuff said :P

Good work man. You'll have to post double time for your slacking :P

SBTVD said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Johnny said...

Thanks for the comments Dan, your tip on whiteout was a territory that I was afraid to do, but realizing after screwing something up while you are inking and the options you have in photoshop, you can do wonders. Thanks again.

SBVTD -

Thank you for the kind words. And I appreciate the add. Are you trying to sell me a tv?

Vince K. Smith said...

Hey J-Luu, I like the first two the most. I should get some Holiday Men fan art done after I wrap up my own shit. Keeping inking and don't be afraid to use every artistic weapon in your arsenal. White-out, photoshop, whatever you need to make it shine.

Keep up the good work.

-V-

Oh, looks like you got spam-botted. That's why I activated the word verification on my blogs comments. Damn robots!

Johnny said...

Thanks guys!

Vinster - I've been inking quite a bit lately, I've got a drawing yet to post which I will do tonight. I'm proud of it, at least.

Dan - Yeah I know, I gotta post like crazy now...Thanks again man.

MR. NICK said...

Lovin' the Holiday Men, Johnny. Sorry it took me so long to comment.

Jacko is definitely my fave. Wicked pose. I like the pockets on NIck's belt as well. Bunny's head also, as it is a different style from Bunny's original design but works really well.

Critique: Val's head looks very slanted and strange. There might need to be a bit more foundation there.

Also, Bunny's shorts are a little conservative. He should be showing off more of his Easter basket:)

Hopefully see you at the con!

Jennifer Llewellyn said...

yay I am linked on your blog!! I will link you to mine!

I like this Jack character where can I read more about him?? I want to draw him I LOVE everything Halloween.

Some great stuff on here :)